Friday, April 9, 2010

Payday #5 - Pasquals



Being near Hilldale at lunch hour, we decided to duck into Pasquals for a quick taco!


Pasquals is a Southwestern restaurant with fresh flavors. Not quite as bold as Tex/Mex; not authentic like a Mexican restaurant can be. And they don't pretend to be more than what they are, which puts them squarely on the list of tacos to try.
They have a couple of taco platters available, which come with rice and beans. For tacos today, I chose shredded chicken on soft blue corn tortillas.

The highlight is the shredded chicken, very juicy and flavorful. The flavor, though, is chicken. And salt. There may be other seasonings in there, but you don't get the same cumin or chili-powder flavor of other pulled chicken elsewhere. It works very well for them.

The tacos are loaded with sour cream, lettuce, shred mix cheese, and black olives. These groceries are mainly unnecessary, particularly since the chicken is interesting in and of itself. The blue corn shells were a bit on the dry side and could have either been heated more or benefited from a little oil.




This sauce is what took me down, though. I like hot food, and this definitely qualified! I put some on my first taco, and it was excellent. I cruised through without it on the second taco since it's a workday and I'm drinking water. A nice Dos Equis Amber would have been great to keep pouring on the sauce.

Overall, I give it a 7 out of 10.

1 comment:


  1. How I Got My Loan From A Genuine And Reliable Loan Company

    My name is Mrs SMITH STEPHANIE. I live in Singapore and I am from India i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $100,000,00 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to MR IBRAHIM MUSA,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (powerfinance7@gmail.com)

    1. Your Full names:_______
    2. Contact address:_______
    3. Country Of Residence:______
    4. Loan Amount Required:________
    5. Duration:_____
    6. Gender:_____
    7. Occupation:________
    8. Monthly Income:_______
    9. Date Of Birth:________
    10.Telephone Number:__________

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Him at: powerfinance7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete